Favorite part: One night after serving dinner to the homeless, my family group was able to participate in a Bible study with them and it was easily the highlight of my week. Hearing about their stories and perspectives on life was humbling and reminded me how I blessed I am. I learned more about God and life in the one hour than I have since Passion. At another site, one man I was serving lunch to told me that he was "too blessed to be stressed" and that also just hit me. How often do I stress over the silliest things when people who don't even have a place to live are praising God? It made me question the strength of my faith if the roles were reversed. It's humbling to say the least.
My family that I served with for the week on Avenue of the Strongest.
I nommed on NYC pizza literally ALL week. Sometimes I had pizza for multiple meals a day. I'm not ashamed.
Ground Zero.
World Finance Center.
A mural we worked on all week at a clinic.
Sunset over the subway tracks.
My very first reaction to Times Square.
Times Sqaure in all its glory.
Cheezin in NYC.
Disney silhouettes.
Beware of what you may find when organizing rooms with donated items.
An awesome Christian based soup kitchen where we served breakfast.
Emily and I in Central Park.
Rock climbing in the middle of NYC. No big.
Folk band in Central Park.
Em and I at the fountain where Blair and Dorota frequent.
Family swing time.
Having our very own Kate Plus 8 moment.
Columbus Circle.
Grand Central Station. Remembering the Dan/Serena moment.
Smayes and I at Dylan's Candy Bar. A sweet tooth's heaven.
My Grand Central Station cupcake from Magnolia Bakery. I had 4 cupcakes while in NYC. They were the best cupcakes of my life.
Dinner in Little Italy.
Yeah, we saw Phantom on Broadway. It was incredible.
P.S. There are Lawnies playing Rebecca Black's Friday right now and analyzing the lyrics as I write this. Consider my day made.P.P.S. The title of this post comes from a John Mayer song title. Go listen to it.







No comments:
Post a Comment